Maintaining Your Traverse Wall®
Our Traverse Walls® are made in the USA and made to last. It’s an added bonus that they are also easy to maintain. Here’s an overview on maintaining your indoor Traverse Wall and component parts.
Inspecting the Traverse Wall
- Before use, you should be able to answer “yes” to each of these questions:
- Are the panels securely attached to the wall?
- Are the panels in good condition and showing no signs of stress or sharp points/edges?
- Are the hand holds in good condition (not cracked or broken)?
- Are the hand holds secure on the climbing wall (not spinning or loose)?
- Spinning holds is a common issue and easily remedied by tightening them according to the installation instructions.
- Are the mats in proper position under the Traverse Wall?
- Are the mats in good condition (no tears, rips or soft spots)?
- If you answer “no” to any of the above questions, please close the climbing wall and take action to repair the issue or replace the part. We are here to help, so be sure to contact us for assistance by calling 800.476.7366 (M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM, CST).
Cleaning the Traverse Wall, Hand Holds & Safety Mats
- Your climbing wall, hand holds and safety mats will need to be periodically cleaned. How often really depends on usage. Please refer to a past blog post for detailed cleaning instructions.
NOTE: A Safety, Care & Maintenance Manual is included with every one of our climbing walls and should be followed as part of creating a safe climbing program. If you cannot locate your manual, please contact us and we will send you a replacement.