Traverse Wall® Climbing Training
A comprehensive one-day inservice providing instructors with the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently teach a climbing wall unit and to inspire participants to adopt indoor climbing as an additional lifetime fitness activity.
Because every inservice is created to fit your facility and program needs, please contact us so that we can walk through all the details with you: 1.800.476.7366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traverse Climbing Wall Training
This comprehensive, one-day Traverse Wall® Climbing Training provides instructors with the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently teach a climbing wall unit and to inspire participants to adopt indoor climbing as an additional lifetime fitness activity. The hands-on in-service includes:
- An overview of how climbing contributes to the physical, social-emotional and cognitive development of participants
- A discussion linking climbing with the National Standards for Physical Education
- An introduction to Traverse Wall climbing, including active participation and climbing technique instruction
- An intentional review of Traverse Wall rules and expectations and safety and risk management procedures and protocols
- An overview of climbing wall care and maintenance
- An introduction to climbing wall activities, including active practice via “teach-backs”
- An overview of the value-added resources available for use on the wall
<< BACK TO STAFF TRAININGS